We are excited to finally confirm that the PCSN Conference is all go for 24-26 th March 2023 in Christchurch. It has been a long, slow slog realigning speakers and the venue after the covid postponements, but finally things have been nailed down and we are full steam ahead with a great line up of speakers, breakout sessions, fellowship and fine food in a fantastic location.
An amazing team has been working hard in the background for you and have put registrations at basement level for the weekend. We would love to have you join us and encourage you to start making plans, booking leave and flights so that you can attend. We often hear people saying they weren’t able to make it because they couldn’t get leave etc, so with plenty of advance notice and planning we want to create the opportunity for as many staff as possible to be blessed by this awesome opportunity. This isn’t a Ned Flanders gathering but a vital place to inspire you in your faith and work.
Also please remember that our southern whanau have made the effort and travelled north for all previous conferences through the years, so now it’s the northerners opportunity to show some love and return the favour to honour and support our southern whanau.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Conference Date – Friday 24 th to Sunday 26 th March 2023
- Conference Location – La Vida Church and Conference Centre, 34a Hansons Lane, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch
- Theme – “Refresh, Empower, Influence” (Through The Way Of Love)
- A list of nearby Motels for accommodation within walking distance of the venue is available. (Consider booking units in groups to save costs)
- There are billeting options with Christchurch staff who will be attending conference
- Flights from Auckland/Wellington to Christchurch for the conference dates are currently cheap as chips with multiple options available at present
- Shuttles will be available on Friday to transport people from the airport to their accommodation, and on Sunday to get out to the airport
- Book your flights and arrange your accommodation early to get the best deals
- Welfare support is available on application
Feedback from the last conference at RNZPC in 2020 was exceptional, and many said it was genuinely something special for a range of reasons. If you want a reminder of the value of the PCSN Conferences read through snippets from some of the feedback beneath. So many times staff say they weren’t too fussed or motivated about getting to conferences, and then after going to one wondered why they had not gone sooner:
- Much thanks to the organising team for an amazingly incredible event! Talk about over and above expectations!...we’re all STILL BUZZING! The speakers. Wowsa! World Kingdom class. Weighty. Inspiring.
- The programme was intense but intensely good. I left the conference with my hunger satisfied but my appetite whetted for more!!
- Thank you for putting on the best conference I have attended so far. (We) have come away pumped…
- What an amazing experience!! Loved every minute of it, have nothing but praise for everyone involved, great speakers, pumping band, yummy food, great time meeting other staff and creating new connections, special thanks to the wonderful staff who helped put it all together. The weekend was jam packed and full of power, such an privilege to be part of this group and feeling so much more confident in sharing my faith with other staff. My first year attending having been with Police for 4 years so missed the last one, only just. Looking forward to the next one and excited to bring my husband along. I’ve got so much more to say but I’ll leave it at that.
- Well done! I know that the wonderful weekend we were all just blessed by was the work of God, but it took a whole lot of faith, energy and obedience on your part to make it happen. WHAT AN AWESOME CONFERENCE. Well done. I really enjoyed it on so many levels. Good ministry, great worship, met so many neat people, and a very comfortable location. I loved the whole thing, although the testimonies took it to a whole new level for me.
- Thank you so much for everything you put into that conference, it was phenomenal and we both walked away from that weekend empowered, inspired and on fire for God as a couple. I was challenged in my faith to step closer to God by praying together as a couple – doing so has brought our relationship to a whole new level. We were also challenged to make a difference in the workplace and not let the opinions of others in us being Christian affect us. The day of Lucky’s testimony.…was one of the many highlights of the weekend. I think most the auditorium was in tears. I’ve been in the Police 7.5 years, I just wish I had attended prior conferences - and we both can’t wait for the next one. Once again thank you and the team for putting together such a fantastic event.
- God is so amazing, and I smile to myself at what a wonderful God we serve. The Police conference this year certainly revived my spirit, and reminded me of how grateful I am to be working in an organisation that supports fellow Christians and being a child of God. The line-up of the speakers were extraordinary and I am inspired by Jade and Norm in particular.
- We just feel so privileged to be part of such an monumental event truly God ordained! On behalf of my wife and myself I’d like to say thank you to you all who made this conference happen. I know these things don’t just happen and somebody else’s efforts and sacrifices made it so easy and enjoyable for us. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly registration volunteers and the atmosphere in the mess hall was friendly and relaxed. The worship team were awesome and the song choice was excellent. Great worship times. The speakers and messages were fantastic. It was a real privilege to have Pastor Norm McLeod involved in a large part of the conference speaking but we also enjoyed hearing Lucky Te Koha, Jade Hohaia and David Tua. They were dynamic speakers. I don’t think I can put my finger on one thing that touched me about the conference but I feel stirred to press into God and see what He does in my workplace and personal life…of us has been impacted by God for good. My wife really enjoyed the conference and she was initially reluctant to come as she feels that ‘Police’ events are not very family oriented or welcoming. This was not the case for our conference and as she is Maori, it was encouraging to have Maori speakers and honouring of Maori throughout the conference in other ways. Thanks again.